In this article we will explore how you can Upgrade MTN SIM to 4G.
This why you should Upgrade MTN SIM
Upgrading your MTN sim to 4G has quite a lot of benefits. To say the least, MTN 4G LTE is 10 times faster than 3G with a peak download speed of 1Gbps or 1000Mbps. Its high connection speed allows for a better streaming experience and faster downloads. Below are some of the benefits and reasons why everyone should upgrade to MTN 4G LTE Network.
- It offers free 10GB valid for 7 days
- Free 4GB Data valid for 7 days
- Free 4G SIM Upgrade (at no extra cost)
- Reliable super-fast Internet experience
- Seamless music and video streaming of up to HD & 4K videos
- More sophisticated and enriched web pages that increase the user experience
- Double (100%) data bonus for the first 3 months of active use of the SIM on purchased data of up to N15,000
- Additional 25% data bonus for 4 to 6 months following the SIM Upgrade
- 25% data and airtime bonus on all data plans for existing 4G users on the network
It is obvious that MTN now offers special 4G data plans to its users and a lot of people are already enjoying it. You too can also be part of this evolution by upgrading your current 2G or 3G MTN SIM card or just purchasing a new SIM card at any MTN service outlet near you.
Are you still using a 3G network SIM? Get a reward of FREE 4GB of data after you have successfully upgraded your SIM to 4G LTE Network. The simple thing you need to do is visit any MTN outlet today, make your request, and enjoy this offer.
What you should Know about MTN 4G LTE Service
4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) stands for the 4th generation of telecommunications technology which offers very high internet browsing speed. It is known as the best signal to enjoy a good browsing experience and it was introduced a few years after 3G network coverage. MTN Network operator in Nigeria has long moved into the 4G LTE world even though a significant portion of people still use the 2G and 3G networks.
In a bid to offer an excellent internet experience, the giant telecommunications network launched 4G over the well-known 3G network. It delivers speeds of up to 200 Mbps which simply translates to faster downloads, clearer video calls, and generally, a better streaming experience.
Upgrading your MTN SIM to 4G LTE is one of the best decisions to take at the moment, given that the 4G network is currently the fastest when it comes to internet access. Despite the fact that we are expecting a 5G network to replace it, 4G can currently suffice for you to enjoy fast internet without any interruption.
Can I Upgrade My MTN SIM To 4G Online?
No, you cannot do an MTN SIM upgrade online but can only check the eligibility status of your SIM card at home or online. Due to some inconveniences, users no longer wish to visit physical MTN stores for SIM upgrades.
However, for the sake of security and accuracy, it is pertinent that you visit a physical shop, and MTN has made the upgrade process easy and desirable. The process only takes you about 20 to 30 minutes and you are done. But before that, you have to check your qualification for an upgrade (eligibility status).
How To Check If Your Mobile Device Is 4G Enabled
For you to have access to the 4G network, your mobile device needs to be 4G enabled. This is actually the first step toward upgrading your MTN SIM to 4G. If your phone does not support the network, using the upgraded SIM won’t be possible. Follow the steps below to check if your phone supports a 4G network.
- Go to the menu and click on “Settings”
- Scroll down and click on the Network and Internet tab
- Click on Mobile Network
- Then, tap on Preferred network type
- The next page will display the available networks that are accessible to your phone
What Do I Dial to Check My MTN SIM Upgrade?
If you want to know whether your MTN sim card is 4G enabled, follow the steps below
- Pick up your phone, go to the messaging app, and compose a new message
- SMS 4G to 131 to confirm your SIM status
- You will promptly receive a message from MTN that either confirms that your SIM is 4G/LTE ready or otherwise. If you receive a successful message that your SIM is 4G enabled, then you are good to enjoy a better browsing experience
- Simply turn on your mobile data connection and you will see the 4G+ icon at the top bar.
Now, if the message says that your SIM is not 4G enabled (USIM), then follow the guidelines below to upgrade your SIM to 4G.
Upgrading your MTN SIM card to 4G requires only an easy process. Having confirmed that your phone supports the 4G LTE network, below are steps you should follow to upgrade your SIM.
- First, ensure that your contacts list is backed-up
- Visit any MTN service center near you
- Go along with a valid national ID (international passport, national ID card, voters card)
- Submit your old SIM card to the customer care representative and request a SIM upgrade
- You will be given a form to fill. The form will contain details like your name, date of birth, your mother’s maiden name, your home address, the last six frequently dialed phone numbers, the number of the SIM you want to upgrade, your current tariff plan, and the last two amounts recharged
- Complete, and submit the form
- Shortly, you will be issued a new SIM that is 4G enabled
- Insert the SIM card in your 4G enabled device, restart the phone, and enjoy an express internet speed
- Lastly, also ensure to be within an MTN 4G coverage location. MTN has the widest 4G network spread across the country