With the introduction of ChatGPT by OpenAI (An American artificial intelligence research laboratory), the future of artificial intelligence is further insured. The ChatGPT feat has also created increasing awareness worldwide of AI’s efficiency and unique capabilities. ChatGPT is an AI chatbot that was first released seven months ago(November 2022) to promote a friendly AI.
This article aims to provide information on what ChatGPT is, and other relevant details about the chatbot.
Table of Contents
What is ChatGPT?
In simple terms, ChatGPT refers to conversations-Chat, made by users with the generative pre-trained transformer-GPT of the AI chatbot.
ChatGPT through its natural learning language processing feature which is driven by AI technology allows human-like dialogue with its trained chatbot to assist in performing a variety of tasks.
3 Key Things To Note about ChatGPT
- It is built on top GPT -3.5 and GPT -4(which is a newer model) foundational languages.
- is a form of generative AI that allows questions to be asked in the form of requests, processes the requests and formulates responses based on data existent on its pre-trained transformer. The answers provided range from text, and images, to videos etc
- can be accessed through its free model(GPT -3.5) or through the GPT 4.
What Are The Tasks That Can Be Done Using ChatGPT?
The benefit of ChatGPT lies in the assistance it offers to ensure several tasks are performed within minutes of receiving a user’s prompt(questions).
Tasks that can be performed with the help of ChatGPT include;
Music composing, article writing, writing and debugging codes, email drafting, mathematics solving, playing games, developing product descriptions etc
How to use ChatGPT?
- To use ChatGPT one would have to create an OpenAI account and register as a user. To create an OpenAI account, visit that Chat website at chat.openai.com, input the right information required and click on “create account”.
- After creating an account, proceed to sign in and input your first question in the query box displayed on the home page, then click on search.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully begun your first conversation with ChatGPT.
The limitations of ChatGPT are as follows;
- The data used in ChatGPT is not entirely up to date
Due to its release in 2022, the training data available in ChatGPT ends in 2021. Data and events after 2021 are not present in the pre-trained server.
- ChatGPT can provide incorrect information based on the data it is pulling from as some sources present on the web could be incorrect.
- ChatGPT does not understand irony or sarcasm as it is based on a data set and in this instance can provide inaccurate responses if a query containing irony or sarcasm is inputted.
- The data provided by ChatGPT is summarized which means that insight into statistics or data is usually not provided.
ChatGPT is one of several AI bots that has stood out because of its functionality. Its ability to respond to prompts in a natural and intuitive manner has made it a suitable choice amongst users who have spiralled to over 100 million since its release seven months ago.